Website Links & Resources
Other STAR TREK: The Original Series uniform & costume resources are linked below.
For TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT research & tutorials, Starfleet.ca recommends the STAR TREK COSTUME GUIDE (STCG) being authored by Obsessive Costuming Dude.
Please note that these sites are external to Starfleet.ca; as such, we make no claims to the accuracy of their content.
- ANOVOS Productions LLC
- Officially-licensed, high-end replicas of TOS and other Star Trek uniforms.
- Tradewinds Costumes
- Custom-made costumes by Patty Wright, who worked as a costume designer/costumer on Star Trek: New Voyages/Phase II with James Cawley. TOS uniforms are generally screen-accurate in both material and construction, but may require a significant lead time.
- murraymousie on eBay
- Custom-made TOS uniforms with a history of great workmanship and timely delivery. Items are clothing-quality, but velour and other materials used may be "common" rather than screen-accurate versions. Open to customisation requests.
Uniform Patterns & Components
- Roddenberry Shop
- An official source for uniform patterns, as well as pins/patches/accessories. (Formerly Lincoln Enterprises; currently headed by Eugene "Rod" Roddenberry.)
- Bad Wolf Costumes: Sewing Patterns
- High-quality, independently-researched patterns for TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT uniforms.
- Xscapes Sci-Fi Originals
- A provider of uniform patterns and screen-accurate velour fabric, as well as patches/pins/accessories. Xscapes command/sciences/engineering patches are generally preferred for accuracy by Starfleet.ca.
- joannes_friends on eBay
- A provider of uniform patterns, as well as Joe Kerezman's TOS replica braid and patches. Joe K's "season 1/2" version rank braid is generally preferred for accuracy by Starfleet.ca.
- katarra8 on eBay
- A provider of uniform patterns, as well as Kathy Pillsbury's numerous TOS canon and apocrypha-inspired patches.
- CR's Crafts
- Supplier of the modern "craft velour" version of the original vintage "robe velour" (the modern variant is 100% polyester with a slightly different weave on the reverse side, and does not shrink). Available in Kirk Gold, Trek Teal, and Red shades for the construction of season 1 & 2 uniform replicas.
- Sequins International Inc.
- Purveyor of the black springweave fabric that was used for male uniform tunic collars from late Season 1 until the end of TOS, and as trim on Captain Kirk's season 2 wraparound.
Libraries & Collections
- Memory Alpha
- "A collaborative project to create the most definitive, accurate, and accessible encyclopaedia and reference for everything related to Star Trek."
- TrekCore Star Trek The Original Series HD Screencaps
- Numerous screencaps from every episode of TOS, totalling approximately 100,000 images.
- Star Trek Prop, Costume & Auction Authority
- Technical articles (with numerous photos) on Star Trek prop and costume authentication by Gerald Gurian, a 40+ year collector of screen used Star Trek memorabilia.
- Chrissie's Transcripts Site - The Star Trek Transcripts
- "Your one-stop site for who said what and when on televised Star Trek."
- Schnitzer's Prop Closet
- Numerous articles explaining some of the more esoteric props used on ST:TOS, by Greg Schnitzer (Co-Executive Producer of fan series Star Trek New Voyages/Phase II).
Star Trek Costuming Forums & Message Boards
- Star Trek Cosplay
- A group open to all Star Trek cosplayers on a case by case basis, to share pictures and information on costumes.
- Star Trek Costume Group
- A forum for sharing all and any Star Trek cosplays, set up originally for Destination Star Trek London 2012.
- Star Trek Uniform/Costume Exchange
- Buy, sell, and trade Star Trek uniforms/costumes; discuss buyer & seller experiences.
- The STARFLEET 1701st Star Trek Uniform Club
- "This is the club that dares to be the answer to a Star Trek fan's dream: to possess an accurately made uniform and join others for fun times in that uniform!"
- Star Trek Uniforms and Costumes
- "We discuss Star Trek Costumes/Uniforms. Most here have extensive experience in the Star Trek costuming World."